How do I consume cannabis? What is the best way to consume cannabis?
Whether you’re brand new to cannabis, re-visiting after a long break, or a regular user simply seeking the best possible experience the variety of cannabis offerings can, at times, be dizzying. Cannabis can be consumed in various ways, and the method of consumption can influence the onset, duration, and intensity of its effects. Here’s a brief overview of the different methods of cannabis consumption:
1.Smoking: Smoking cannabis involves inhaling the smoke produced when the dried flowers or buds of the cannabis plant are ignited. This method is one of the most traditional and common ways of consuming cannabis. It provides rapid onset of effects, usually within minutes, but the duration of effects is relatively short. There are various methods of smoking raw cannabis, or “flower” that include bowls, bongs, pre-rolls (or joints), and more!
2. Vaping: Vaping is similar to smoking, but instead of burning the plant material, it heats it to a temperature that releases cannabinoids and other compounds in the form of vapor. Effects typically start within minutes and last for a shorter duration compared to edibles.
3. Edibles: Edibles are cannabis-infused food products, such as gummies, chocolates, cookies, and beverages. When consumed, the cannabinoids are metabolized by the liver, leading to a slower onset of effects compared to smoking or vaping. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours for the effects to be felt, but they can last significantly longer, often several hours.
4. Tinctures: Cannabis tinctures are liquid extracts of cannabis that are usually taken sublingually (under the tongue). They offer a fast onset of effects, usually within 15-45 minutes, and can last for a few hours. Tinctures can also be added to food or beverages.
5. Topicals: Cannabis-infused topicals include lotions, balms, and creams that are applied directly to the skin. These products do not produce a psychoactive effect but may provide localized relief for pain, inflammation, or skin conditions.
6.Dabbing: Dabbing involves inhaling the vapor produced by heating a concentrated cannabis extract, known as “dab,” typically using a dab rig or vaporizer. It results in a potent and immediate onset of effects. Not typically recommended for a new user.
7.Suppositories: Cannabis suppositories are inserted into the rectum or vagina. This method is less common but is believed to provide systemic effects with a potentially faster onset than edibles.
Each method of cannabis consumption has its pros and cons, and the choice of method may depend on individual preferences, medical needs, desired effects, and legal restrictions in a particular region. It’s essential to start with a low dose, especially with edibles and other delayed-onset methods, and to be aware of the potential risks and effects associated with cannabis use.
No matter your preferred method of consumption, there are several general rules to follow to ensure you have a great experience!
1.Create a Safe Environment: Consume cannabis in a safe and comfortable environment, especially if you are new to it. Avoid operating heavy machinery or driving while under the influence.
2.Stay Hydrated and Snack Smartly: Cannabis can sometimes cause dry mouth and increase appetite. Have water nearby and choose healthy snacks to avoid overindulging in unhealthy foods.
3. Avoid Mixing with Alcohol or Other Substances: Mixing cannabis with alcohol or other drugs can intensify the effects and lead to adverse reactions.
And, most importantly, remember that individual responses to cannabis can vary, and what works well for one person may not be suitable for another. Always prioritize responsible use, and if you have any uncertainties, seek guidance from experienced users or healthcare professionals. There is NO universal “best” method of consumption. What works best is unique to the individual and our expert retail associates can help guide you toward the best method FOR YOU.
Please reach out to us directly with additional questions or check our FAQ section for more information!